Friday, October 19, 2007

Task 13: Social bookmarking and Del.ic.ious

Okay. I already have a Delicious account and have found it very useful as a filing cabinet for odds and ends. I only wish it had folders, so I could organize things better. Why are there such an absense of folders with all these 2.0 applications? Tags aren't quite the same thing, though I suppose they are de riguer for the whole social aspect. And another thing about tags: pretty random are they sometimes, just like people's minds. I bet there's a debate raging amongst the librarian class about the controlled vs uncontrolled vocabulary nature of tags. You do get some idiot tags, though, and idiocy limits the usefullness, I've got to say. Or is that too elitist? Too professional, maybe. It's certainly worth bringing up, anyway. Same sort of problem as with Wikipedia, come to think of it.

No comments: