Thursday, October 18, 2007

TAsk 9: Twitter

Right, then. I have a Twitter account.

This seems like an aptly named thing. I tend to agree with First Finisher J. Siegal and don't really get why people would use it instead of IMing or blogging, though I suppose its range of distribution is an advantage. Tons of people can keep up with your trivia at once.

Clearly, as I am playing catch-up, I won't be able to track my activities for several days for this assignment, but I could. instead, I will muse for a moment on possible library applications. This might be a good way to broadcast a lecture or program and get instant feedback from a number of people. Or a meeting. I suppose it's one way to inter-office IM other staff, though we use Trillium at RCPL. Might be a good way to get quick feedback on programs, too. Ask people to sit down and twitter their response to the Harry Potter Party even as it's going on.

No comments: