Friday, October 19, 2007

Task 15: Perspectives on Library 2.0 and the future of libraries

Time to muse already? There are so many more tasks to complete, and the request for a summation at the end. I have to admit to only skimming the Library 2.0 and "Library 2.0" article. Why? The print was too small for me to read comfortably, and the usual tricks for enlarging didn't work. Too bad, because the snippets I did squint at looked very illuminating. A rational, measured approach summarized by the undeniable observation that some aspects of Web 2.0 will work, and some won't. Also, I noticed, "Take a deep breath and relax." Good advice. The Wikipedia article had some useful information. I use Wikipedia, but bring a dose of skepicism to my reading of it. Really, dudes, where's the authority? But often unbeatable for summaries of info. Oh, except for World Book. World Book still has excellent (and authoritative) information. Oh. Is it retrograde to mention that?

No comments: